Rev. Kevin Sakwe, Principal of SJC Sasse, had announced on Friday, July 5 that the school was going to occupy, and operate in, the Regina Campus Pacis College (REPACOL) Mutengene but has now reviewed his statement following scathing criticisms from members of the Sasse Old Boys Association, SOBA who picked holes in the choice.
The school administration has now informed parents that they shall start receiving students ahead of the 2019/2020 school year at Bishop Rogan College which is a minor seminary that runs programmes like Sasse College.
An announcement to this effect read: “We shall begin receiving students to commence the 2019/2020 academic year thus: Tuesday August 27, 2019 students of Upper Sixth, Form One and all the newly admitted students; Thursday August 29, 2019, the rest of the students. Check in begins at 9am and may not exceed 5pm.”
This new relocation comes after SJC Sasse was earlier this year forced to move its students to Christ the King College (CKC) Tiko so they could sit end-of-year examinations.
The Bishop of the Diocese of Buea, His Lordship Immanuel Bushu had on Sunday, March 3, 2019 said Saint Joseph's College Sasse had to shut its doors because of growing insecurity.
At the time, he said regular clashes between security forces and separatist fighters around the school environment made learning difficult and put the lives of the students at risk, forcing them to shut down the school.
No fewer than 200 students of the school were transferred to Tiko where they camped at Christ the King College to prepare for the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Exams.
Armed men fighting for the independence of a country they call Ambazonia are believed to have kidnapped some students of SJC Sasse in September last year. On February 24, 2019, they are said to have ordered that the school be shut down.